The Advantages of Florida’s Net Energy Metering Program
The most obvious benefit of net metering is that this incentive dramatically shortens the payback period of your solar power investment:
- Installing solar panels saves you money by reducing your reliance on grid electricity. You’re able to generate your own free power on the spot.
- Participating in net metering saves you even more money by turning your home into a mini-power station. In effect, the utility company becomes your customer.
So instead of needing 15+ years to break even, net metering helps your solar installation pay for itself in a fraction of the time. Thanks to this program, most of our clients enjoy payback periods of 7 to 10 years. And thereafter, all additional electricity is 100% free for the remaining lifetime of their PV systems.
As an added benefit, net energy metering also removes the need to install on-site batteries. Because your installation is connected to the utility grid, you’ll always have 24/7 access to reliable electricity – day and night.
However, enrolling in the state’s net energy metering program isn’t automatic. Below are the main eligibility requirements for this incentive:
- Your solar PV installation must be installed and connected by a licensed contractor.
- You must finance your PV system using cash or loans. Leased solar panels don’t qualify.
- You must actively apply for the program through your local utility service provider.
Ready to Make the Sun Work for You?
At Capital Construction & Development, we’re certified PV installers who specialize in helping customers harness clean sunshine to save money and protect the environment.
Below are just some of the reasons why homeowners throughout Florida choose our solar installation services:
- Our pricing is incredibly competitive – with faster-than-average payback periods (guaranteed).
- Our highly trained solar installers are licensed by the state of Florida to grid-connect PV systems.
- Our installation team can assist you with the net metering application process – from start to finish.
If you’d like to begin saving money with each and every sunrise, request a free solar quote from us today.